|The Vigil@nce team watches public vulnerabilities impacting your computers, and then offers security solutions, a database and tools to fix them.|
Bluetooth Drivers: multiple vulnerabilities
Synthesis of the vulnerability
Several vulnerabilities were announced in several implementations of Bluetooth drivers.
Impacted products: iOS by Apple, iPhone, Android OS, Linux, Windows 10, Windows 2008 R0, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012, Windows 2016, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows RT, SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop, SLES, Unix (platform) ~ not comprehensive, WindRiver Linux.
Creation date: 12/09/2017.
Revisions dates: 13/09/2017, 13/09/2017.
Identifiers: BlueBorne, CERTFR-2017-AVI-400, CERTFR-2018-AVI-014, CVE-2017-0781, CVE-2017-0782, CVE-2017-0783, CVE-2017-0785, CVE-2017-1000250, CVE-2017-1000251, CVE-2017-8628, SUSE-SU-2017:2956-1, SUSE-SU-2018:0040-1, VIGILANCE-VUL-23818, VU#240311.
Description of the vulnerability
Several vulnerabilities were announced in several implementations of Bluetooth drivers:
- Android : Information Leak Vulnerability (CVE-2017-0785) - VIGILANCE-VUL-23741
- Android : Remote Code Execution Vulnerability #1 (CVE-2017-0781) - VIGILANCE-VUL-23741
- Android : Remote Code Execution vulnerability #2 (CVE-2017-0782) - VIGILANCE-VUL-23741
- Android : Man in The Middle attack (CVE-2017-0783) - VIGILANCE-VUL-23741
- Windows : Man in The Middle attack (CVE-2017-8628) - VIGILANCE-VUL-23826
- Linux : BlueZ Information leak vulnerability (CVE-2017-1000250) - VIGILANCE-VUL-23829
- Linux : Kernel > 3.3 Stack overflow (CVE-2017-1000251) - VIGILANCE-VUL-23830
- iOS : Remote code execution via Low Energy Audio Protocol (CVE-2017-14315) - mitigated by iOS 10
This bulletin serves as a cap because all these vulnerabilities have been grouped under the name "BlueBorne". Individual bulletins are referenced at the end of each line.
Complete Vigil@nce bulletin.... (Free trial)
Computer vulnerabilities tracking service
Vigil@nce provides a computers vulnerabilities watch. Each administrator can customize the list of products for which he wants to receive vulnerability alerts. The Vigil@nce team tracks computer vulnerabilities impacting systems and applications. The Vigil@nce vulnerability database contains several thousand vulnerabilities.